Meet Athenex Oncology
Our personal values are our corporate values
At Athenex Oncology, we believe our behavior defines our culture, both internally and with our customers. That’s why we align our corporate values with our personal values. Because our values are more than just words on a page…they are what you can expect from us.
- COMMITMENT TO PATIENT CARE
- Everything we do, we do in the service of patients. Athenex Oncology is dedicated to supporting patients and the wider oncology community throughout the entire cancer journey, providing solutions that change lives and outcomes.
- HIGHER STANDARDS
- We strive for excellence in everything we do. Shortcuts won’t do. Our goal is to ensure safe, effective products that address real and significant unmet needs for patients with cancer. No lowering the bar. No compromises. No one should settle for less.
- COLLABORATIVE NATURE
- Improving patient care takes a village—from scientists to health care providers, patients, and advocacy. We realize that the cancer journey impacts a wide range of individuals and to improve the path forward, we need to be on it together.
- PIONEERING SPIRIT
- Our passion is discovering solutions to overcome challenges with current cancer treatments. We are never satisfied with the status quo. Nothing can get in the way of progress as we tirelessly explore new ways to improve patient care.
- MEANINGFUL RESULTS
- Results matter. That’s why we work closely with patients and the oncology community to define “meaningful results.” What matters to us is what matters to them. Because anyone can produce results…we make sure we produce real results to make a real difference.
Athenex Oncology leadership team
CEO & BOARD CHAIRMAN
Johnson has served as the chairman of the Board of Athenex since its inception and assumed the role of CEO in 2011. He is a successful pharmaceutical executive who brings extensive leadership experience to Athenex. When he was chairman and CEO of Ribapharm, he launched the second largest biotech IPO in US history. He has served as the head of Worldwide Research and Development for ICN Pharmaceuticals and was the senior director of Antiviral Therapy at Schering-Plough. Johnson received his medical degree from the University of Hong Kong. He is also a fellow of the Royal College of Physicians.
President & COO
Jeffrey has held multiple senior management positions in the pharmaceutical industry over the past 46 years. Prior to joining Athenex, Jeffrey held positions as the founder, chairman, and CEO of Sagent Pharmaceuticals; COO of American Pharmaceutical Partners; CEO of Faulding Pharmaceuticals; CEO and founder of YorPharm; and COO of Gensia Pharmaceuticals. Jeffrey has successfully taken four companies public and all of the companies sold for significant returns for his shareholders.
CHIEF MEDICAL OFFICER
Rudolf has had a successful career in the pharmaceutical industry with over 20 years of experience in global clinical development and operations. Before joining Athenex, he served dual roles at Schering-Plough as vice president and regional head of Asia Pacific Global Clinical Operations and vice president of Global Clinical Development, CNS.
SVP, GLOBAL ONCOLOGY
Tim joined Athenex in July of 2018 as SVP of Global Oncology. In this role, he will lead the global launch efforts of oral paclitaxel and the rest of the innovative oncology pipeline. Tim began his oncology career with Bristol-Myers Squibb where he helped launch Taxol as an oncology sales professional. He joined Lilly Oncology in 2000, where he became the vice president of the North America Oncology Business Unit.
VICE PRESIDENT, CLINICAL DEVELOPMENT
David brings significant scientific and managerial expertise to Athenex in the field of translational pharmacology and clinical research. Prior to joining Athenex, David held leadership positions at Merck Research Laboratories and Schering-Plough Research Institute in the Department of Experimental Medicine. David received his medical degree from the College of Medicine of the University of Saskatchewan. David is board certified in Internal Medicine and Endocrinology and Metabolism and is a fellow of the Royal College of Physicians of Canada.
Joe brings over 25 years of experience to Athenex as one of the industry’s top experts on intravenous (IV) drug delivery technologies. Prior to joining Athenex, he served as the vice president of Marketing and Business Development at Sagent Pharmaceuticals. He started his career as global engineer with DePuy Synthes, a Johnson & Johnson company, and had worked for Baxter Healthcare for 12 years. Joe has a Bachelor of Science degree in engineering from Michigan State University, and a Masters of Business Administration from Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University.
HEAD, MEDICAL AFFAIRS
Igoni joined Athenex Pharmaceutical Division in July 2016. He is responsible for bringing medical- and clinical-based product insights to the company and members of the health care system. He provides scientific and clinical pharmacovigilance and drug safety expertise with a focus on the identification, evaluation, and management of safety risks for all of the company’s marketed products and developmental programs. Prior to joining Athenex, Igoni served as the medical director of Sagent Pharmaceuticals Inc., where he provided medical and clinical inputs and strategies for new corporate business development projects.
Athenex Oncology is a US-based biopharmaceutical company with a global presence. We are fiercely focused on developing novel cancer therapies that improve clinical outcomes and support patients’ well-being. Because the oncology community doesn’t just treat cancer…they treat patients who are mothers, fathers, sons, daughters, and friends.
Focused on the fearless pursuit of change
- ATHENEX PHARMACEUTICAL DIVISION (APD)
- Sterile injectables (generics) manufactured by third-party partners all over the world
- ATHENEX PHARMA SOLUTIONS (APS)
- Sterile injectables made in our 503(b) outsourced compounding facility
- POLYMED THERAPEUTICS
- Manufacturing of APIs and chemicals, with state-of-the-art and regulatory-approved cGMP facilities and R&D laboratories